Ypsilanti Gleanings, Fall 2005

Published In:
Ypsilanti Gleanings
Original Images:

Publisher: Ypsilanti Historical Society

Date: Fall 2005

Get PDF: ypsigleanings/2005-Fall.pdf

Official publication of the Ypsilanti Historical Society, featuring historical articles and reminisces of the people and places in the Ypsilanti area.

In This Issue:

Dedication of the Dr. William P. Edmunds Ypsilanti Room: Dr. “Bill” Edmunds provided decades of leadership to the Ypsilanti Historical Society.
One Hundred Eighty One Years of Methodism in Ypsilanti: Methodism in Ypsilanti dates back to the early 1800s to the ministry of Elias Pattee.
The Willoughby Family: Read about the stories of this family who arrived in Ypsilanti shortly after it was settled.

Shorts:

Lost Ypsilanti Speaks: The first “Lost Ypsilanti Speaks” exhibit was a huge success. This article is about one location covered in the exhibit.
Mary Ann and John Starkweather: The farmhouse and property at 1266 Huron River Drive has been designated as the Starkweather Historic District by the Ypsilanti City Council.
Starkweather Memorial Chapel in Highland Cemetery: This historic structure is in need of restoration and efforts are underway to place it on the National Register of Historic Places.
Wander Washtenaw: The Ypsilanti Historical Museum is back on the Wander Washtenaw Tour scheduled for Saturday, September 24.
Finds — Fletcher White Archives: It is surprising what we find in the Fletcher White Archives. This 1815 New York State lottery ticket has been around for 190 years.

Society Briefs:

From the President's Desk
Antique Roadshow
News from the Fletcher-White Archives
Museum Advisory Board Report