New acquisitions for the Museum have come in at a steady space in 2006. Recent donations include a 1941 satin wedding gown with lace trim. Mrs. Norton gave us two long muslin petticoats with wide embroidered bottoms. These are used under our full Victorian dresses. Mrs. Wheeler donated numerous toddler garments including 8 short dresses, 2 jackets, sun suits, overalls, underwear with garters, bonnets, a bathing suit, small blankets and many infant items. She also donated a Hawk Eye folding camera. The museum has many beautiful christening dresses but few short infant dresses.
Other recent acquisitions include a leather finger-holder instrument and a Rolo Harmonica from
Cheryl Farmer. Donna Emerson brought in “A La Greeque Food For Palates” cook from the
1965 Ypsilanti Greek Theater. Mary Adams gave us a picture of Dr. Edward Shutte George from the
plaque that hung in the George School. Numerous items have been given to the Archives. The Museum
needs early 20
th century children's clothes, especially boy's and men's clothes.
Items should be in good shape and if not duplicates of what is here, the acquisitions committee will
welcome them. Call 482–2108 if you have questions.